Engineering provides professional engineering, construction administration, and inspection services to King George County and the King George County Service Authority.
Functions include managing projects such as water and wastewater infrastructure and transportation improvements, as well as handling the design and construction of capital projects to include scope, preliminary engineering, land acquisition and construction advertisement. Additionally, the department supports the community development department and the economic development authority with new developments and projects.
The adopted FY07-08 Budget for the Department continues and expands the current year's programs. Programs that are adopted to be implemented or improved during FY07-2008 include:
- Reviewing the existing availability of water and investigation of alternatives for meeting future County needs
- Supporting the improvement, development and expansion of public water and wastewater systems to meet the needs of the County
- Provide timely technical and professional support to County departments and to the King George County Service Authority. Timeliness, consistency and quality in performing plan reviews for County, Service Authority and development projects
- Supporting the development of an economic development environment that attracts new businesses and retains and expands existing businesses
- Managing those County Capital Improvement Projects that are funded by the Board of Supervisors
- Managing King George County Service Authority Capital Improvement Projects
- Protection of the County's natural resources
- Continue to improve, develop and expand water and wastewater systems to serve the needs of the County
- Enhance quality of plan reviews
- Develop procedures, policies, and recommendations to the Service Authority that will result in the more efficient and effective operation of the utility
- Support the development of an economic development environment that attracts new businesses and retains existing businesses