On Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 9:00AM to 2:00PM, the King George County Landfill will continue the tradition and accept household hazardous waste materials, from our citizens.
The following household hazardous waste is accepted daily:
- Automotive products (antifreeze, motor oil, oil filters, polish and wax)
- Batteries (home and vehicle) Electronics ( TV, computers, laptops, cell phones, printers, fax machines, MP3 players, DVD/CD/tape players, and more)
- Fluorescent light bulbs and compact fluorescent lamps (CFL)
- Latex paint
- Sharps (needles and lancets)
The following household hazardous waste is only accepted on our Household Hazardous Waste Day:
- Household cleaners ( ammonia, drain cleaner, rust remover, tile/shower cleaner and more)
- Universal materials (include mercury containing items: thermometers, thermostats)
- Oil based-paint products, spray paint, caulk, wood preservative, wood stain)
- Garden chemicals (pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, insecticides)
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
Our next Household Hazardous Waste Day is scheduled for Saturday, June 1st from 9:00AM to 2:00PM at the Sealston convenience center.